A little about me:
Ok, Ok enough about the monstera and the fiddle leaf fig! If you want a houseplant with some serious designer cred and full mid century Madmen-vibes then I’m that plant. A handsome indoor tree with a muted red and burgundy glow to my leaves, my roots are in the jungles of Asia and South America.
I get my name from the laxtel-like sap you’ll come across when you prune me or when my leaves get crushed. I’m pretty chilled and happy to just be cool in the corner next to your vinyl collection and art house posters.
What makes me happy:
- Light and bright but not too much direct sun so don't put me in the window where I’m going to sizzle.
- Not a massive drinker. Just do the finger test on my top few layers and if it’s dry then top me up. Don't go overboard though.
- To keep me looking and breathing my best, please give my leaves a bit of a gentle stroke every so often so I don't get dusty. Can't say I don't love mist either so hit me up with a sprinkle every so often.
Why you're taking me home:
- I’m a classic.
- Instant designer look to your home - especially with my deep red leaves.
- The ultimate housewarming gift.